Sunday, February 23, 2014

Tiny Zippered Pouches (Lots of 'em)











Sooo I saw this tutorial for a very cute keyring pouch before Christmas.  Could I do it I asked myself? Could I handle those small pieces with my fat fingers? They sure would make a great Christmas present. Mmmmmm.  What to do, what to do.

Sooo I bought the hardware and zippers (thank you Monkey Makes Three for letting us know where you bought your gear from) and convinced myself to make just one.  Well I survived making one and couldn't get over how cute it was.  My poor family SUFFERED until I calmed down from feeling so clever. So why not make 20 more!

The tutorial is excellent with great step-by-step instructions (photos for each step).  The only problem I had was boxing the corners but that was what I call a "user problem" (i.e. me not getting "it").  But once I conquered one there was no stopping me.  All the recipients genuinely seemed thrilled with receiving one. Now that was a very nice feeling along with using fabrics from my stash.

Have a great week!

5 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a fun parade of pouchy keyrings! I love their contrasting colourful zippers. Beautiful photographs too!! You made me laugh with your making your family suffer until you calmed down. Lol!

Sue SA said...

Definitely thrilled about receiving one! I thought you must have been making them for the school fete! Wow what a production line, good for you!

Jen said...

They are gorgeous Karen ! Good on you!

Catherine said...

These are so cute and obviously addictive to make. Loving your fabric choices too!!

Polka Dot Daze said...

They look very cute! I would love to make some, I will need to add them to my list :)